Sunday, June 29, 2014

June Blog Wrap-Up


THIS MONTH ON OK, LET'S READ:
Reviews:

Top Ten Tuesday:

Thursday Thoughts:

BookTube Videos:

Other Posts:

COMPLETED BOOKS:
  1. Killer Instinct by S.E. Green
  2. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
  3. Saga, Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING:
  1. Of Posiden by Anna Banks
  2. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (reread)
  3. Brunette Ambition by Lea Michele

ASHLEY'S LIFE UPDATES:
A little recap of the most exciting thing(s) I've done this month!

If you follow my life at all, you probably know that I just got back yesterday from my trip to NYC! I actually intend to do an entire big blog post about it (that will be going up sometime in the next week), but I couldn't make my monthly recap without showing you guys some of the pictures we took there! I've made some selections from the numerous pictures I took in the big apple and edited them together here for you. On our first day in the city, we went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. Being that I LOVE pop-culture, this was something I was super excited about. Below are some of the very best pictures we took there. You can see me with Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, Johnny Depp, the Clinton's, Indiana Jones and most importantly, the love of my life, Leonardo DiCaprio.


Madame Tussaud's was only a small portion of our trip, but it's probably the place we took the most pictures. It was definitely the place where I was in the most pictures that we took. However, we obviously did tons of other fantastic stuff over the last week. Below I've picked out four real gems to share with you guys. I live in Ohio, and on the way to New York we drove through Pennsylvania. My mom, sister and I all LOVE the show Dance Moms, so we couldn't go through Pittsburgh without stopping by the Abby Lee Dance Company and taking a few pictures outside. Fortunately it was a Sunday so it was closed and no one was there to think we were crazy. We did see Abby's parking spot, though. SO COOL.

While in New York, I was lucky enough to see my first ever Broadway show (which is a big deal considering I'm nineteen years old and have been doing theater since I was four) along with two more after that!! The first one we saw (and the only one we knew we'd end up seeing) was Cinderella! Let me just tell you, it was FANTASTIC. We also went to see a taping of Live! with Kelly and Michael! It was so, so cool. Kelly was on vacation (which was okay with me because I got to see the back of her head while I was working at Disney last year, and I've also heard from people I worked with that she isn't the nicest woman ever) so we got to see Brooklyn Decker AND Whitney Cummings as hosts (because they pre-filmed the Friday show while we were there on Wednesday.) Going there was AMAZING and afterwords we had someone take our picture in front of the set.

Now, you've probably already seen that last picture and peed your pants about it, so let me explain. 1. These pictures are out of order and for some reason I feel like I should point that out even though it's irrelevant. 2. On one of the days were were there we went to watch a taping of Good Morning America from outside the windows. That day, they had the cast of Girl Meets World there and I took tons and tons of pictures of them. But, that's not the best part. After the show, a lot of people had already left, but we stuck around. Thank god we did, because FREAKING BEN SAVAGE CAME OUTSIDE AND I GOT A SELFIE WITH HIM. Yes, yes. I know you're jealous. I still can't believe it to be honest.


I've already written WAY too much in this section of my wrap-up, so I'm going to try and cut it off now. If you're interested in hearing more about my trip to New York, there will be a post up in the near future about it as well as a video on my BookTube channel. Check in the coming weeks for those to pop up. Until then, see ya later!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to read Lea Michelle's book too. Happy July reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!