Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ides of March Read-A-Thon || Challenges

If you didn't see my introduction post, I'm currently participating in the Ides of March Read-A-Thon hosted by Kimba at The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I've been having tons of fun and definitely appreciate this read-a-thon for getting me a little more motivated to read. I have a lot of books to get through in the next few weeks for various reasons and I'm grateful that I'm finally speeding up a bit. I'm also really sad because today was the Twitter chat and I totally forgot about it. But, it's alright because I'm going to jump right back into things by doing the challenges provided for this read-a-thon.

For this read-a-thon, other lovely book bloggers have graciously decided to host a few challenges. There are four all together and they can be done at any point during the read-a-thon (March 13 - 17) so I figured I would just cram all my challenges into one massive challenge post! So without further ado, let's bust out some challenges.



Book Spine Poetry
This Challenge is hosted by BookBriefs

For this challenge, you were to make a poem using mostly book titles. You can use some extra words, but only as many as the amount of books you use. So, if my poem uses 4 books, I get to use 4 extra words. You were also only supposed to use books from your TBR pile that were published before March 1, 2014. Make sense? Well, I'm not too great at things like this so don't get your hopes up.. But, here it is!

Across The Universe
There's a Hollow City,
Where the Extras Unwind,
And A Monster Calls.
The Darkest Minds are only
Shadow and Bone.
There they Wither
Under The Never Sky.


Cover Puzzle Challenge
This Challenge is hosted by GinsBookNotes

This Challenge has to be completed on the creators blog as it's literally two surprisingly fun puzzles of full moon related book covers (look outside! tonight's a full moon!) and I can't really show you them on my blog. However, when you finish the puzzles, the generator tells you your time. So, I can share that with you here.
First Puzzle Time: 3 minutes and 3 seconds
Second Puzzle Time: 2 minutes and 53 seconds
I think I did pretty darn well if I do say so myself. Go try out these great puzzles for yourself and comment below to tell me if you beat my times! I would love to know.

When In Rome Challenge
This Challenge is hosted by BackChattingBooks

This is a fairy simple, self explanatory challenge. Since the read-a-thon is called "Ides of March" Vilia wanted us to learn a little about Romans and really think about what the Ides of March is. If you head over to the link above you can check out her challenge post and read a bunch of fun facts about Rome and the Ides of March. For the challenge part of this post, she just wants participants to answer the question "When in Rome, what do the Romans do?" Which I think is actually adorable!

Being a HUGE fan of Greek and Roman mythology, I know a few things here and there that deal with the gods and goddesses of these ancient civilizations. So, I would say When in Rome, Romans worship Roman gods. When in Rome, Romans read Virgil's Aeneid. When in Rome, you often get confused with the Greeks. (That last one was meant to be funny, but it probably wasn't... Lol)

Six Words (Or Less!) Challenge
This Challenge is hosted by Bookish-Brunette

I actually really, really love this challenge idea. The Challenge is to give the synopsis of the book you're currently reading (or just finished) in six words or less! How fun is that?! I'm currently reading The Archived by Victoria Schwab, so here goes nothing!

Dead on shelves. Mysterious murders. - 5 Words

That's not too terrible, right? I did it in 5 words and I think that's a pretty good synopsis. Don't you? Anyways, that's the final challenge! I know. I'm sad as well. This was super fun and I'm so glad I participated in all these challenges. I want to thank Kimba (the read-a-thon host) and the four girls who hosted these challenges! You've all done a fabulous job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!