Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ides of March Read-A-Thon || Introduction

Oh gosh, you guys! I'm doing another read-a-thon! Granted, it's nothing too hardcore. The Ides of March Read-A-Thon is being hosted by The Caffinated Book Reviewer. To see her opening post and get all the specific information click HERE. There's definitely still time to join and I'm sure she'd appreciate your participation! Just remember to add yourself to her linky! This read-a-thon is taking place from March 13-17 and also going to include a Twitter chat, challenges and a giveaway! I LOVE challenges.

Alright, now for my goals. When it comes to goals, I'm not going to hope for too much. Last time I participated in a read-a-thon, I kind of let myself down by having a few slumpy days in the middle there. I've found that that's normal for me, so I'm not going to let myself become discouraged if I go a day without reading.

Currently, I'm 30something pages into The Archived by Victoria Schwab. I'm hoping to finish that book during this read-a-thon for sure. If you didn't know, there's a read-a-long for this book being hosted this month by JesseTheReader. Here's a link to that Goodreads group if you would like to participate in discussions of that book. In addition to The Archived, I would love to read Panic by Lauren Oliver. There's another read-a-long happening right now for Panic. This read-a-long is being hosted by a group of BookTubers who've adopted the name Booksplosion. To check out the Goodreads group for the #dontpanic read-a-long, you can click here. Gah! So many read-a-longs!!

Aside from The Archived and Panic, I'm slowly dipping into The Grim Anthology which was released recently. Since this is a compilation of short stories, I'm reading them slowly and whenever I don't feel like picking up whatever I'm reading at the time. I think as a general goal, those three books will consume the majority of my reading time during this read-a-thon and if I do pick up anything else, I'll be sure to mention it in a challenge post or something as a reading update.

Okay! Everything covered? Perfect! Check back to my blog and all the other participants to see all the awesome challenges and excitement that's planned for this read-a-thon. I hope you consider joining! This should be super fun! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!