Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday Thoughts || Introduction

I'm so, so excited to be announcing this brand new feature and sharing it with all of you! Thursday Thoughts is an original weekly meme created by myself, Ashley, here on Ok, Let's Read. The idea for this feature was brought about by several conversations I've had with bookish friends in my daily life. I noticed that not everyone has the same mindset about certain aspects of reading, books, and everything bookish and I wanted to not only share my own opinions on these types of topics, but hear other people's feelings on things that we might not feel the same way about. And now, here we are!

Each week I will post a new, conversational post talking about a specific, book-related topic. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to join! The whole point of Thursday Thoughts is to hear different points of view and opinions, otherwise I would have just kept it for myself! All I ask is that you put a link to Ok, Let's Read somewhere on your post so that other's can join in if they would like. In addition to that, each week my post will have a Linky widget on the bottom so that we can all link up, read each other's posts and hopefully spark some quality conversation!

If you don't have a blog, feel free to respond in the comments and join in. However, in addition to the weekly blog posts, I'm hoping (cross your fingers!) to try and hold Twitter chats once or twice a month(?) that deal with the questions/ideas brought up in the recent weeks. This part of the feature still needs the kinks worked out, but keep your eyes peeled and turned towards my blog for more information on the #ThursdayThoughts Twitter chats that will hopefully take place in the near future.

Alright! Now that everything is explained, let's learn about the topics. If you go to THIS LINK you'll find a very similar explanation page of the meme and a list of weekly conversation topics for Thursday Thoughts. I'll update this list at least a month prior to each week in case you want to queue your posts early or go on a Thursday Thoughts writing binge. Check back there to find out about each week's discussion topic.

Thursday Thoughts will be starting NEXT WEEK on March 20th! I would love to have as many people participate on the first week as possible to really get this going with a bang and make sure there are tons of opinions floating around! Our first topic is "Library Vs. Bookstore!" (More information can be found on the Thursday Thoughts page.)

Before I go, I just want to say thank you SO much for even considering taking part in Thursday Thoughts. This is something I've been thinking about getting started for a little while now and I'm incredibly excited to be making it happen. I hope this ends up being super fun for all of you who decide to participate. Thanks again for stopping by!

So, are you on board? Will you be joining the Thursday Thoughts family? I'd love to hear what you think! Don't hesitate to comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!