Saturday, May 3, 2014

2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading!

I know, I know.. I joined an event yesterday, but I just really love blogger events! I think the idea of joining up and doing something collective and productive with a bunch of other bloggers is just so phenomenal! That's why I'm beyond excited to be participating in 2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading! I LOVED the whole library Summer reading thing when I was younger, so I couldn't wait to jump on board with this idea once I saw it.

The event is being hosted by Katie From Katie's Book blog and will last from May 1st to September 1st. That's a solid four months right there so I'm really hoping that I get a lot of reading done and that I can be proud of myself at the end of the Summer. If you click HERE you will be taken to the explanation and link-up post and if you click HERE you will be taken to the kick-off/introduction post. Also, I just want to say, I've really liked Katie's blog for a while now and I'm pumped to be participating in an event she'll be hosting.

Her explanation post is extremely informative, so I would highly recommend checking there if you've any interest in joining. However, just for convenience purposes, I'll copy and paste her rules into this post:

Rules:
  • Your goal can be as low as 5 books (at least 5 though) and as high as 50+.  Just make it realistic for you!
  • You can read whatever you want. Doesn’t matter when it’s published, what genre, etc. Just read what you enjoy!
  • Create a post or shelf on Goodreads to track your progress. Link to that post or shelf in the linky.

Now, as you can probably deduct from those rules, this post will serve as my goals and progress tracker for the entire Summer. Hopefully, I do an okay job of updating regularly. If I don't, there's a tab up above that will take you to a list of all the books I've completed in 2014. As I'm writing this, I'm currently reading Nil. So, you can use that as a benchmark if I forget to update this post for some reason... I really hope that doesn't happen. I'll try to be responsible!

My goal for this Summer is to complete 15 books. Now, I know to some people that may seem a bit low, but you have to keep in mind that not only am I a slow reader but I'm currently coming out of a really bad reading slump. So, yes. I plan to read at least 15 books between May 1 and September 1. I'm so stoked for this event and I really feel like it's going to help me make an even bigger dent in my TBR pile this Summer than I would have otherwise. Thanks again for hosting this, Katie!


PROGRESS:

BOLD = COMPLETED READING
ITALICS = CURRENTLY BEING READ
  1. Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (graphic novel)
  2. Nil by Lynne Matson
  3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
  4. Hexed by Michelle Krys
  5. Killer Instinct by S.E. Green
  6. We Were Liars by R. Lockhart
  7. Saga, Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (graphic novel)
  8. Amulet, Vol. 1: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi (graphic novel)
  9. Of Posiden by Anna Banks
  10. Of Triton by Anna Banks
  11. The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
  12. Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman (graphic novel)
  13. Paper Towns by John Green
  14. Morning Glories, Vol. 1 by Nick Spencer (graphic novel)
  15. Maus II: A Survivor's Tale: And Here My Troubles Begin by Art Spiegelman (graphic novel)
  16. Amulet, Vol. 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi (graphic novel)
  17. Girl's Day Out by Anna Banks (novella)
  18. The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket
  19. Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All Will Be Free by Nick Spencer (graphic novel)
  20. Who Could That Be At This Hour? by Lemony Snicket
  21. The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket
  22. Alex + Ada #1 (comic book single issue)
  23. Alex + Ada #2 (comic book single issue)
  24. Morning Glories, Vol. 3: P.E. by Nick Spencer (graphic novel)
  25. Harley Quinn #1 (comic book single issue)
  26. Harley Quinn #2 (comic book single issue)
I also created a Goodreads shelf for this challenge! You can see that shelf HERE. And, feel free to friend me on Goodreads!!

2 comments:

  1. I also loved the summer reading program at my library (I still participate) when I was a kid so this should be really fun. Good luck on your reading goal! ~ I heard Nil wasn't so great but I hope you have a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The library's summer reading program used to be one of my favorite things about summer as a kid, so I'll definitely be participating in this, too. Not sure what I'll make my goal yet, but good luck to you on reaching yours! 15 definitely sounds doable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!