The event is being hosted by Katie From Katie's Book blog and will last from May 1st to September 1st. That's a solid four months right there so I'm really hoping that I get a lot of reading done and that I can be proud of myself at the end of the Summer. If you click HERE you will be taken to the explanation and link-up post and if you click HERE you will be taken to the kick-off/introduction post. Also, I just want to say, I've really liked Katie's blog for a while now and I'm pumped to be participating in an event she'll be hosting.
Her explanation post is extremely informative, so I would highly recommend checking there if you've any interest in joining. However, just for convenience purposes, I'll copy and paste her rules into this post:
Now, as you can probably deduct from those rules, this post will serve as my goals and progress tracker for the entire Summer. Hopefully, I do an okay job of updating regularly. If I don't, there's a tab up above that will take you to a list of all the books I've completed in 2014. As I'm writing this, I'm currently reading Nil. So, you can use that as a benchmark if I forget to update this post for some reason... I really hope that doesn't happen. I'll try to be responsible!
My goal for this Summer is to complete 15 books. Now, I know to some people that may seem a bit low, but you have to keep in mind that not only am I a slow reader but I'm currently coming out of a really bad reading slump. So, yes. I plan to read at least 15 books between May 1 and September 1. I'm so stoked for this event and I really feel like it's going to help me make an even bigger dent in my TBR pile this Summer than I would have otherwise. Thanks again for hosting this, Katie!
BOLD = COMPLETED READING
ITALICS = CURRENTLY BEING READ
- Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (graphic novel)
- Nil by Lynne Matson
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
- Hexed by Michelle Krys
- Killer Instinct by S.E. Green
- We Were Liars by R. Lockhart
- Saga, Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (graphic novel)
- Amulet, Vol. 1: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi (graphic novel)
- Of Posiden by Anna Banks
- Of Triton by Anna Banks
- The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
- Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman (graphic novel)
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Morning Glories, Vol. 1 by Nick Spencer (graphic novel)
- Maus II: A Survivor's Tale: And Here My Troubles Begin by Art Spiegelman (graphic novel)
- Amulet, Vol. 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi (graphic novel)
- Girl's Day Out by Anna Banks (novella)
- The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket
- Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All Will Be Free by Nick Spencer (graphic novel)
- Who Could That Be At This Hour? by Lemony Snicket
- The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket
- Alex + Ada #1 (comic book single issue)
- Alex + Ada #2 (comic book single issue)
- Morning Glories, Vol. 3: P.E. by Nick Spencer (graphic novel)
- Harley Quinn #1 (comic book single issue)
- Harley Quinn #2 (comic book single issue)
I also created a Goodreads shelf for this challenge! You can see that shelf HERE. And, feel free to friend me on Goodreads!!