Friday, May 2, 2014

Clean Sweep ARC Challenge || My Goals & Progress

I'm doing that thing again. I'm doing that thing I always do. I'm joining an event at the last minute just as it begins. It's currently 1:19AM on May 1st even though it won't be that time when I post this on Friday and I've just decided to participate in The Clean Sweep ARC Challenge. This month-long event is being hosted by Kimba from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Angela from Angela's Anxious Life! And, although they said this intro post could be made any time throughout the month.. I still feel like I'm cutting it close by posting this just as the month starts. I don't know.. Does anyone else stress themselves out by being super irrational? No? Just me? Alright. I thought so.

However, if you would like to join in and participate, I don't think it's too late! If you click HERE you will be taken to the link up post and if you click HERE you will be taken to the kick-off post. Both of those should give you all the information you might need in order to participate. Below, I'll copy and past the rules from those posts so you can quickly scan them here in case you're curious.

Rules
  • Link-up and add the button to your blog
  • ARCs must be read between May 1st and May 31st, 2014
  • Challenge starts and ends at midnight in your local time zone
  • All ARCs/finished copies that were provided by publisher/author are eligible. They can be in any format (eBook, Physical, Audio)
  • Post start-up post with goals (can be posted during the event)
  • Tweet using hashtag #CleanSweepARC
  • You do not have to post reviews on your blog during the month of May. Just provide a link to Goodreads showing that they were read May 1 to 31st with a two sentence review
  • Twitter Party: Wednesday May 14th 7pm (EST) #CleanSweepARC
  • Participate in challenges
  • The Participant Giveaway will include entries for each linked book read, posting about challenge, start up/results post (can be combined), having button on your sidebar, participation in Twitter party, entering challenges and for following hosts
  • Grand Prize: One winner will receive a new release of their choice (can be audible, novel or gift card) valued at up to 20.00 US dollars. Open internationally
  • Challenge Schedule and entry form will be posted on May 1st and participant giveaway will close on June 3 at 11:59PM (CST)

Alright! This is a goals/progress post, so next I'm going to be telling you what I'm hoping to read for this particular challenge throughout the month of May. Let me start off by saying that 1. I have no intentions of reading only ARCs this month. I'm a pretty slow reader, so I don't expect to get through a ton. And, 2. I'm just now coming out of a reading slump so, again, I really don't know how this month is going to go. With all of that being said, I'm going to plan on reading two ARCs this month and possibly getting through a third. Although, I really have no expectations of finishing a third. So, without further ado! I plan on trying to read Oblivion by Sasha Dawn and Hexed (The Witch Hunter #1) by Michelle Krys. If I finish those two which might not even happen this month I may start/read The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon. Below are pictures of all of these books.


Now, last but not least, I'm going to be attempting to post my progress for these three books on this post and updating it as regularly as possible. By that I mean, next to each book on the list below it will say "To Be Read," "Currently Reading: Page __," or "Read!" I hope that makes sense and I hope you're as excited as I am about this month-long challenge. I really feel like it'll make me want to read a bit more and pull me right out of this reading slump I'm coming out of. See you later on in this month for the challenges of this event!

MY PROGRESS:

Hexed by Michelle Krys - 5 STARS
Killer Instinct by S.E. Green - 16% read
Oblivion by Sasha Dawn - To Be Read
The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon - To Be Read

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your challenge! I am always hesitant to sign up for readathons and challenges because of school, but I just finished my last undergrad stuff today and I graduate in 4 days! So I'm totally looking for challenges to jump on the bandwagon with (at the last minute, of course).

    Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!