Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wreck It Wednesdays || Week 03

Welcome back to Ok, Let's Read for my third edition of Wreck It Wednesdays! This is a series here on my blog where once a week I present three pages out of my Wreck This Journal by Kerri Smith to share my creative juices with all of you. Okay? Okay. Let's get into it, then.

Today's first page is one that I actually wasn't too happy with. I've been hesitant on showing this one for a while just because I just feel like it looks messy and almost unfinished. But, when you think about it.. that's the point of the whole journal! Wreck This Journal is good for me because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Being pushed out of my comfort zone is exactly what the book is doing to me and it really is beneficial. The page reads "Tear strips. Rip it up!" and that's what I did. I colored each strip in an attempt to make it look even crazier.


There's a page in the journal with a small checklist. It tells you to draw on a specific handful of pages that you wouldn't otherwise draw on. Two of those pages are the ones I'm about to show to you. The first is just the title page. I just got creative and did whatever flew out of my fingers. This is how that turned out!


The other page that I colored on based on directions from the checklist page was this one. It says "Add your own page numbers. Starting here." Not only did I add page numbers to most of the pages in the journal, but I doodled on this page. There's actually a little story behind this one. The pattern that I drew on this page was one that I specifically remember doodling on graph paper in eighth grade math class. The lines on the graph paper made my circles and stars doodle super easy to make and it was just something I always did. I've always had a somewhat mathematical mind, so I think that's why I did that. The fact that it has to do with numbers kind of triggered that memory for me. Here's the page.


And, there you have it! See you again next Wednesday for another installment of this series. If you have your own Wreck This journal, show me your creations in the comments or on Twitter! I'd love to see what you can do!

Get your own Wreck This Journal

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! These rock!! Every time I see one of these posts of yours, I want to get one of these journals for myself more and more!! They look like so much fun!!! Great post, bb! :)

    xo, Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!