Sunday, February 23, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #002

Stacking The Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

It's time for my second Stacking the Shelves post! Today's haul is really creepy because it's my second one and today is February 22 (2.22 if you didn't realize.) And, the weirdest part? Two is my favorite/lucky number... Creeeeepy. Anyway, now that this Stacking the Shelves is posted, we're officially on my schedule! If you didn't see my last haul, I decided that I'll be making Stacking the Shelves posts on the second and fourth Saturday of each month to showcase the books I've bought or received over those two weeks and my thoughts on each book. Alright? Sound good? Okay.

Now, let's get the ball rolling!


The Darkest Minds by Alexanda Bracken
Everyone and their mother has read this series and raved about it. It's dystopian and sounds interesting, so I wanted to get it. I found it at K-Mart when they were having a clearance sale. Discounted hardback? Not going to pass that up.
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Pretty self explanatory. I got this discounted from K-Mart as well and I really, really liked these new anniversary covers. I don't know how soon I'll dive into this, but eventually I intend to read this book and series.
Unwind by Neil Shusterman
This series peaked my interest very much. It's dystopian as well and has a bit of a creepy twist. I'm not sure why, but this series had been calling my name for a while now. So, I bought it!
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Since purchasing this book, I've heard it's a little scary/creepy. I'm not sure if this makes me more excited to read it or less. Regardless, I can't wait to jump into this book because I've heard lots of good things about it.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I mean.. It's Fangirl. Do I really need to explain? Everyone LOVES this book, so I jumped on the bandwagon and bought it. Plus, the color and the cover and the spine is all just beautiful. 
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
If you saw my review on Cinder from the other day, you'd know how much I loved it and how excited I am to continue this series. It's something I've really enjoyed so far, so starting this book is something I cannot wait to do.
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
I heard that this series is fantastic and I also heard that it's sort of sci-fi-ish. Since starting The Lunar Chronicles, I've been intrigued by sci-fi in general. I'm interested in jumping into more books and series dealing with sci-fi themes and this was right up that alley.
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
For this book, you could essentially just read the description above because I had the exact same reasoning with this buy. It takes place in space (I think?) so I was excited to try this book out. Also, I've heard tons of people on BookTube rave about the series.
Note: In this particular Stacking the Shelves I wanted to post it on Saturday,but unfortunately lost track of time. For the sake of this post, please pretend this was posted on the last Saturday of February. Sorry and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!