Sunday, April 13, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #005

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Time for the fifth edition of Stacking the Shelves here on my blog. If you aren't aware, this is basically a weekly meme where you showcase all the books you've purchased or received that week. I only post this on the second and fourth Saturday of every month since I like to have more than a couple of books to show you guys. I'm actually trying to cut back a little, so I only have six books to show you this time. I know that might seem like a lot, but I've really been trying to cut back. Okay! With all that being said, I think we're ready to jump right into it. Enjoy!

(Pretend this was posted yesterday.)


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
No, I have not read this book yet. I know everyone in the world loves it and I know it's a classic, but historical fiction isn't exactly my favorite genre. However, I bought it! So, that means I plan on reading it eventually, right? Right.
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Neil Gaiman and I have a weird relationship. I love him and secretly consider him one of my favorite authors... but, I haven't actually read any of his books. I've read excerpts of Coraline, but not the entire thing (because I don't own it.) But, that's one of my favorite movies of all time. So, I thought it was about time I acted like a normal human and actually owned and read a book by an author I know I already love.
Nil by Lynne Matson
I'm currently reading this, but I'm suffering through a weird reading slump thing right now. It's the worst reading slump I've ever experienced since starting my blog and I don't know what to do to fix it. If you have any tips, help! But, basically this book really interested me based on plot and Lynne Matson seemed so nice and fun on Twitter that I had to purchase this new release.
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
I'd been waiting for this book to come out for weeks now. I'm so, so, so excited to have it on my shelf finally and I can't wait to read it. I already know that I'm going to like this book. I love the idea of writing letters to all these cool dead people. Ahh, it just sounds awesome.
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
This book's been getting quite a bit of hype in my opinion. And, I heard from a handful of bloggers/vloggers that it's really good! I'm excited to read it especially since I know a little more about the story. It sounds like it's going to be more action packed than I had thought. I have high hopes for this book, so I hope it lives up to them.
I first heard about this book from Ariel Bissett on YouTube. She talked about how fantastic it was quite a few times. It sounds really good and although it's contemporary (I think?) I'm really excited to read it. I also finally picked this up because I believe it has LGBT themes and I'm participating in LGBT Month this month! Link in the right sidebar for more information!

3 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous books! You're going to love The Graveyard book and also the Book Thief :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe! Yay! Hope you'll join us in the read-along. (btw, it's sort of historical, I guess - since it's set in 1987)
    And Nil! I can't wait to read that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Dorothy Must Die too! I can't wait to read it.......Happy Reading! Here's my StS if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!