Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday Thoughts || Where Do You Read?

Hi! Look! I'm here! I'm so sorry that this is later than usual this week. I hope that it didn't throw anyone off. I simply lost track of time last night and have felt sort of all over the place lately. In addition to that, I should be getting ready right now and doing my makeup, so I'm in a bit of a hurry. Hopefully that doesn't effect the quality of this post. I'll definitely be tweeting out when this post goes live, so I hope you all are aware now that it's up. Also, I want to quickly plug that the post before this has a giveaway in it! So, if you're interested in that you should definitely go check it out and possibly enter to win! This is a Thursday Thoughts post, though! So, let's get on with it! If you don't know, this is an interactive, original, weekly meme here on my blog. Anyone with an opinion is invited to make a post, link up and join the conversation! We would LOVE to have you.

Today's topic is a bit less heavy than our other recent topics. We'll be talking about where you all read! This is actually a perfect topic for this week since I honestly don't have all that much to say on the topic. Unfortunately, my reading location doesn't change hardly ever. I spend 99.99% of my reading time exactly where I spend 99.99% of my blog post writing time; in my bed. That doesn't make me lazy, either! I just love my bed. It's comfortable, reassuring and calm. In addition to that, I'm definitely not the kind of person who will fall asleep just because I'm in bed. If I'm wrapped up in reading or some other activity, I cannot just fall asleep. I need to consciously put the book on the table in order for that to happen. I feel the most at peace and relaxed doing things like reading my bed, so that's where I spend the majority of my time!

I would love nothing more than to tell you that I spend all my time reading and working and all those activities in the local Starbucks sipping a Pumpkin Spice Latte and listening to soothing music. It is that time of year, after all. And, it's no secret how much I love Fall and everything that comes along with it. But, to be honest, I don't even leave the house enough for that. I think it really has to do with my insecurities. I'm not afraid to read in public, that's not it at all. My problem is actually that I'm a little bit too self conscious for that. I can't let myself leave the house without doing my makeup and when I want to read, I just want to read. I don't have time to do my whole getting ready routine just to go read for an hour. It just seems silly.

And, I suppose that's all I have to say! I told you this would be a short one. I sincerely hope you don't mind all that much. I can't wait to hear where you guys read! Don't forget to link up below or comment to let me know! Also, don't forget to check out my most recent post (before this one) for a Falls the Shadow giveaway! Join us next week, right here, as we talk about 'Novellas!' I'll see you then.





2 comments:

  1. It's cool that you have a designated reading/blogging space. I'm just all over the place and do both reading and blogging wherever I find myself at the moment...
    Thanks for hosting these every week - I guess it's a stressful job, as we can always opt out, but you can't :/ I really enjoy your prompts and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prompts are always so interesting. I love reading everyone's different opinions. I wish I could link to past topics that I missed, there are so many good ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!