Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wreck It Wednesdays || Week 01

Last week I mentioned that I would be starting a series called Wreck It Wednesdays and as promised, here it is! Every week I'll be showing you three finished pages I've selected out of my Wreck This Journal by Kerri Smith. So, let's get started!

My first showcased page of the week is going to be "Draw fat lines and thin pushing really hard with a pencil." This page took me a little while to finish, but as usual, I mindlessly completed it while watching YouTube videos and totally lost track of time.



The next page I'm going to show you isn't actually meant to be decorated, but I did it anyway. The page says "Crack the spine" so I went a little crazy and covered the page with cracks that you might see on an old porcelain doll. Obviously I also cracked the spine of the book, which hurt my soul a little bit.



Finally, I'm going to show you my "Fill this page with circles" page. I particularly loved doing this one because I used to doodle designs like this in class all through high school. This is probably my favorite page I've completed so far.



I hope you've enjoyed the first week of  Wreck It Wednesdays on Ok, Let's read. Check back this time next week for three more completed pages! If you have a Wreck This Journal and are finishing it with me, let me know in the comments or tweet me pictures of it! I'd love to see your artwork.

Get your own Wreck This Journal

2 comments:

  1. This looks so cool! I've never heard of Wreck This Journal, but it looks like a really good present for a friend of mine. I love what you did with those pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did, too. Though it looks like you're prettifying not wrecking that journal. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!