Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday Thoughts || Reader Probs

Hi! Hello! Welcome to my blog and to basically the only feature I ever do anymore. This is Thursday Thoughts! Wooo~ If you don't already know, this is an original, interactive, weekly meme here on my blog. Everyone with an opinion is invited to make a post, link up and join the conversation! We would really, seriously, love to have you. I want to, as usual, take this time to invite all of you lovely people to give me any ideas you might have for future Thursday Thoughts topics. As you know, my creative juices are lacking and the input from you guys is always greatly appreciated! Also, I want to quickly thank those of you who come back here each and every week and participate. You are the reason that Thursday Thoughts happens and I appreciate each and every one of you!

So, now that I've rambled as much as I usually do, let's get right into the meat of this lovely meme. Our topic this week is "Reader Probs." I almost make it #ReaderProbs and then decided that would be a little bit too cheesy... But, pretend in your brain that it's #ReaderProbs because I still like that. :P This is basically your opportunity to point out some of the whiny things you whine about regarding books and reading. The inspiration was essentially the #firstworldproblems hashtag. So, think of it like that.. but with books!

I'm a naturally whiny person in general. I'm someone who has trouble knowing when not to speak and has trouble dealing with things that in hind sight may not truly be the end of the world as I know it. But, I mean.. in that moment I SERIOUSLY DIE WHEN STARBUCKS RUNS OUT OF PUMPKIN SPICE. Okay, so that was a little over-dramatic, and you know I'm kidding maybe. But, you get the picture. When it comes to books I can be just as melodramatic since reading is something I like to do and do often. As far as whiny problems, I definitely become distraught when a book gets banged up (even slightly) or has bent corners or a messed up dust jacket. I LEGITIMATELY hate deckled edges. And, you would not believe how often I have to fix the smallest little imperfection as far as the lineup of my books on my bookshelf goes.

I definitely experience book hangovers. Being that I'm a very emotional person, I have a tendency to cry and books and connect deeply with the characters. I know that when I finish a book that I REALLY loved or that REALLY impacted me, it can stick with me for a while and sometimes even cause a minor slump. That's when #readerprobs comes in. ;) Another great example of this is when characters that I become so, so, super attached to in a book are killed off. It's almost like.. that author had the AUDACITY to kill off someone whom I was, like, basically in a relationship with. It hurts, man. Okay, so, again that was a little extreme.. but I think you definitely get the picture.

To sum up this ranty, whiny, shockingly short (I'm sorry!) Thursday Thoughts post, books are ruining my life and also making it what it is. If it weren't for books my life would be so much better in a multitude of ways... But, books also enrich my life in so many aspects of the word. Reading can change my mood entirely, but sometimes that's for the better. I guess what I'm trying to say is that EVERYONE should be a reader... at their own risk. ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed this week's weirdly short, preachy Thursday Thoughts. I wasn't expecting it to come out this way, but I'm rather happy with it. If you're sad that this is a little shorter than usual and feel like you need more Thursday Thoughts goodness in your life, you should TOTALLY go check out all the lovely links left in the linky down below! That's what it's for and I think all those awesome people would appreciate your input on their opinions this week as well. Thanks again for stopping by! Don't forget to give me some more topic ideas and also to join us next week where we'll be talking about "Love Triangles!" Ooh... juicy. It's going to be a good one, guys. I can feel it. Don't miss you! See ya then!



2 comments:

  1. OMG! YES!!! I detest deckled edges. When The Winner's Curse arrived, I actually thought there was something wrong with the book. I had them send me a second copy out. The problem was the same. I now have two copies of it and the deckled edges still hurt to look at.

    I also weep when my books get banged up. I don't even open mine very far when I read them because I can't deal with cracked spines.

    Character deaths DESTROY ME! I still don't know how to cope with the deaths of my favourite characters. I have still not forgiven Rowling for Deathly Hallows. SO MANY DEATHS!!!

    Thanks for hosting! Here's my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the best books are those that make us cry/laugh/CARE :) I also hold a grudge for authors who do unspeakable things to characters, but I kind of love them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!